Set up a Paypal account

Set up a Paypal account
Paypal is a great way to move money around in the internet universe. But for first timers, stepping into the world of online shopping can be a daunting task. This walkthrough will give you a preview of what to expect.







Ok so you've clicked Sign Up. You're now faced with 3 choices. In general, Premier is a good plan. It's free, just like Personal, but you have a couple more options. Read through their FAQ if you want to know the further details.


After you've chosen your plan, just enter your information


And click agree


You're now faced with 2 options, to enter your credit card details, or do a bank transfer. I recommend setting both up, so in the future all your transactions will be automatic.


Here's the credit card details screen:


And here's the bank details screen:


Or you can skip straight to check out your account first. In your account screen, you'll see that your status is Unverified. You'll need to check your email and click on the link provided in it to verify your account.



Once that's done, you'll come to this screen. Go ahead and activate your account.


You'll need to enter your password. And your account's all set up. Let's take a look at Paypal in action.


Here I am at singaporetests.com ready to buy an e-book. I click on the Paypal proceed to pay button.


And am presented with this screen. I just key in my password and log in.


Paypal asks me to review my payment. I see that everything is in order and click Pay Now. Since my credit card details have already been entered, Paypal just deducts from that accordingly.


Paypal lets me know my payment has been done, and I'm redirected back to singaporetests.com. Paypal also sends me and email with a reciept of purchase.


And that's it. If you're a merchant looking to start an online shop, Paypal also offers you a great way to charge your customers. Go check it out.

0 comments: